I usually do these lists at the end of the year, but by that time people are bored of them as there are so many others around. So I'm doing a 'best of' half way through the year as a little recap on some of our food related travels. Compiling it reminds me of all the good things I've eaten so far and how I really should go on that diet. I've tried to keep to one dinner, one dish where possible. Otherwise some places would have dominated. These are not in any real order, that would be an impossible task, just as they occur to me....
1. Welsh Wagyu 4 ways, Ynyshir Hall,
2. Cuba libre of foie gras with lemon granite and rocket salad, Quique Dacosta
, Dénia, Spain.
3. "Falsa Lasanga" Fake sea urchin lasagne at Sacha, Madrid
4. Seared Wild Red King Prawns
5. Sardina ahumada en tosta con queso de Arzúa, tomate y cebolleta. Alabaster,
6. Smoked Egg Yolk ~ Clam ~ Celeriac & Bacon Soup. The Samling,
7. "Olivas" La Terraza del Casino de Madrid.
8. 'Singapore Laksa', Carabineros, Coconut cream. Shiitake Mushrooms, StreetXo, Madrid.
, El Gato Negro
10. Pig's Trotter, Artichoke, crayfish, La Tasquería
N'Duja Pizza, Honest Crust, Altrincham Market
12. Pork Belly Steamed Bao
13. Slow cooked beef short rib
, Tuscan fennel sausage, n'duja. Sugo Pasta Kitchen
14. Kuai Tiew Duck
, Siam Smiles
15. Suckling Pig
16. Ashes rice, Quique Dacosta at Ibérica, Manchester.
17. Beef Tartare
, Burnt Truffle
19. Tiara with salted fish
& pickles, La Salita
20. Roast Lamb
, summer cabbage and hyssop. Dan Cox at The French
21. Arroz cremoso
de Tripas de Bacalao, poltrota y encurtidos, (Creamy cod rice). Saiti
22. Organic Beef Hamburger
, Canalla Bistro
23. Oyster from Valencia
, avocado and 'horchata' of galanga, Ricard Camarena
24. 'Posh' Lobster Soup
, Rob Owen Brown at Palate
25. 'High Peak' Rack of lamb at The Lowry Hotel
Post a Comment