1. La Taberna del Campero. Zahara de los Atunes (& Barbate), Andalucia.
You can have everything here as long as it's tuna (more or less), it's the best in Spain. Everything is absolutely superb here too. Don't miss: Assorted raw fish dishes (tartare, loin sashimi, tataki).
2. La Culchara de San Telmo. San Sebastián.
All the pintxos are great and cooked to order but don't miss the Mushroom Risotto.
3. Tickets. Barcelona. Maybe an obvious choice but it's all such fantastic fun. Don't miss: Spherical "Olivas" an El Bulli classic.
4. Pura Tasca. Seville.
Too hard to choose between places in Seville really but this place sticks in my mind.
Don't miss: Arroz Meloso.
5. Borda Berri. San Sebastián. Sister bar to La Cuchara, a 'must eat' in San Sebastián. Don't miss: Anything really.
6. La Brunilda Tapas, Seville. Another modern but terrific tapas bar. Don't miss: The 'crack' burger.
7. La Gabinoteca, Madrid. A buzzing gastro-bar. Don't miss. The Potito, egg, potato and truffle oil in a jar.
8. El Faro. Cádiz.
Way more old school than the rest, we love this place though and can stand at the bar eating everything any time we're in Cádiz. Don't miss: Albondigas de Ternera con Rabo Guisado.
9. Txikote. Conil de la Frontera. A Basque pintxos bar in an Andalucian coastal town. Don't miss: The Carabineros.
10. Zoko, Zahara de los Atunes, Andalucia. Eclectic tapas bar mixing up Andalucian classics like Salmorejo and thai curries with panache . Don't miss the salmorejo with prawns.